Sunday 18 May 2008

How Deep Is Your Love...


Apparently, our Prime Minister Gordon Brown listens to the Bee Gees every day.

I wonder whether this is (a) true, (b) part of a deal struck between Robin Gibbs and GB - "I'll give the Labour Party money but you must listen to us for five minutes every day for the rest of your life", (c) accompanied by GB singing along in a falsetto voice, (d) accompanied by GB and the Cabinet executing a beautifully choreographed dance routine and/or (e) associated with that funny thing he does with his mouth when he speaks, possibly the result of too much "jive talkin'".

I don't know what sort of music I'd have imagined our country's prudent leader listening to, but the Bee Gees wouldn't have been in my top fifty suggestions. He did famously once claim his favourite band were the Arctic Monkeys but then couldn't name any of their songs. Maybe Robin Gibbs needs to put him on the spot with a wee quiz.

4 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Hmmm. Do you suppose he has the John Travolta Saturday Night Fever poster hanging on the back of his closet?

I think I'd be afraid to know what George Bush listens to every day. Well, I know it's NOT the Dixie Chicks (world famous for being ashamed to be from the same state as him).

Anonymous said...

Cheer up. At least it's not the Carpenters... :)

Mr. Nighttime said...

....."Cheer up. At least it's not the Carpenters... :)"

.......or the Osmonds.......or the DeFranco Family......

Anonymous said...

Dear Android,

(Cross-blogging convolutedly with your comment on Bishop David's blog) I am myself (despite my name, and recalling your phrases) a non-Scot and even a not presbyterian (though married to one), but I can genuinely claim to be both a member of the Labour Party and having been born in the same week as the BG twins in 1949 (they on the Sunday and me on the Friday). So perhaps Gordon's going in the right direction....
Noel