Sunday 25 May 2008

Carry On Camping.

We're safely home from an overnight camping trip. The journey wasn't too arduous as it was only from the back garden. I was inspired by Lynn (Help I Work With Children) and pitched the tent in the back garden yesterday. Lynn actually went somewhere though. Blue Eyed Boy is away for the weekend at Scripture Union camp, and Him Indoors lived up to his name and slept indoors. (To be fair he has two services to conduct this morning and anyway that meant there was room for me to have the Z-bed in my end of the tent!) But Firstborn, Penultimate and Youngest Children and I retired to the garden after Eurovision (Russia won. I was supporting (a) Terry Wogan and (b)Finland, not just because they, the Finns rather than El Tel, were good looking guys with their shirts off, but because their music was the nearest to my taste).

Holidays in the garden are definitely the way to go. No packing. No unpacking. The washing machine, cooker and dishwasher still to hand. A visit for a cuddle from the puppy in the morning. And much better for the carbon footprint thing. I think we'll do this again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eurovision? Sir Terence? Oh dear, AD, is there no hope for you?

Doorman-Priest said...

I went for Norway and Portugal. Boy was I wrong. I think all those Eastern European juries should go and live in tents.

Forever.

In Moscow.

Tim Noble said...

I like a bit of camping myself. So much so I bought a wood!

AnneDroid said...

Wow, Tim. I checked your blog to see if you meant a new addition to your golf clubs but I see you literally bought a wood.

Dickiebo, no, clearly not. Oh well.

Doorman-priest. You sound bitter. Did you have lots of money on Portugal and Norway?

Holy Famoley said...

Anne, have you not given up on Eurovision yet? Even El Tel is giving it the elbow, I hear.

As for the tent, does this mean we will see you at Greenbelt this year?

Doorman-Priest said...

50p!!!

lynn said...

LOLOL thanks for the link Anne....I laughed and laughed when I read this. You have a fabby tent. Pity we didn't have yours. Our sleeping compartments were far too small to house a sleeping supermum (me) and a wonderful little girl (my daughter) alongside one hyperactive wee boy who needs to get up and pee several times in the night and a hubby who needs to get up and pee just as much on account of a couple of jars of brown ale (or similar)

We were of course about half a mile away from the toilet block...

But weather was fab and company (19 kids and 14 adults) was immense.