Saturday 4 October 2008

Joyeuses fêtes à nous

We are very excited chez Droid. Nous sommes tres heureux. In the early hours of Monday morning we're heading off for a short break to Paris.

(C'est juste dommage que je ne peux pas parler le français très bien. Ce paragraphe est courtoisie de Google Translate).

This will be the first time our kids have been abroad and the first time they've been on a plane. It's the first time I've been abroad since 1991! Before then, and it's now Saturday morning, I've to fit in going to a wedding today, preaching tomorrow morning, getting Penultimate child to two parties for which we have not yet bought the presents, and finishing the packing, as well as doing the usual housework. So why am I sitting here at my blog?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Allez Annie, allez'.

Caroline said...

Oh cool, I love France, I love travel and I love the break from routine, how special to show the kids "abroad" for the first time - you enjoy girl Bonne chance xx

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage!

Sage said...

Bon vacance, et Paris. Enjoy and enjoy

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Have a fabulous time. Take the children to Berthillon's on the Ile St. Louis for ice cream. Trust me on this. (They are closed Monday and Tuesday though.)

McNoddy said...

Make time for the Musee d'Orsay and go to the top of Sacre Coeur rather than the Eiffel Tower - cheaper and better view. Been to Paris a handful of times and would happily go back many more times. My favourite city. You will love it. Just watch the wallet, very expensive!

Doorman-Priest said...

Fantastique!

Shannon said...

Anne, have a great and wonderful time. Your French paragraph was so well written that I could understand it with my high school French! (And keep in mind that I skipped my French 3 class 17 days in a row because I was so darned bored!)

I have no recommendations of places to see. My wallet was stolen in Paris and that's my one memory of the place!

Billie Greenwood said...

Have a great time! I look forward to enjoying your trip via this blog for surely you'll post some of the highlights.

Baino said...

Awww, now I know envy is a sin but it seems everyone has been to Paris, sans moi! Enjoy. I'll get there one day.