Wednesday 15 October 2008

Droids on tour, part 5.

I also liked the Arc de Triomphe a lot. In fact we went twice. The two youngest did a spot of pigeon chasing as you can see.When we went in the evening and climbed to the top it was just amazing. You would have needed some kind of camera able to take a 360 degree picture to do it justice. This one is looking down the Champs Elysee. About half way down the photo on the left you may be vaguely able to spot a red canopy. We had our lunch under that on our first visit and couldn't believe how cheap it was considering it was on such a famous street near such a famous landmark. I could have sat there all day watching the world go by.I was thoroughly glad we were travelling by metro. For us driving in Paris would mean being on the "wrong" side of the road, but here in the Place de l'Etoile it would be just horrific. Looking down on it from above was scary enough. I have no idea how people negotiate it and come out alive.Walking down the Champs Elysee was fun too. Him Indoors bought me a new watch but not from this shop:It was a Swatch like this which I love because I can see the face without my specs.

1 comment:

Baino said...

Hi Anne, just wanted to say I haven't had time to comment but love the Paris tour. It's my dream to go there! Cheers :)