Thursday 28 August 2008

Holidaysickness and SAD

You know how some people get homesick when they are away? Yesterday I was at home but feeling thoroughly holidaysick. However, surprise surprise, today it has been a lovely sunny day here, after lots of grey days recently and my spirits are lifted. Tonight we had a lovely walk with the kids and the puppy round a local park, buzzing with joggers, rugby players, kids on bikes and people generally having fun. I wish I'd had my camera with me because the long evening shadows across the grass, the trees and the river were gorgeous. Perhaps, if I'm so cheered by sunshine I have a touch of SAD. If so, I well and truly live in the wrong country! To think it could all have been different...

2 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Yep, that sounds like SAD. I have to use a lightbox in winter to keep from getting depressed.

Baino said...

I share your holiday sickness. Had a webcam chat with she who is whizzing around the world last night, she's in Prague and not a bit homesick after 7 months of travelling *sob* and I'm here manually picking leaves out of my brown swimming pool and hanging copious amounts of landscaper's clothes on the washing line! Ah well, Spring on Monday!