Sunday 16 December 2007

If Jesus had been born in Glasgow...


If Jesus had been born in Glasgow...
If you're from Glasgow, or probably anywhere in Scotland actually, you'll get this. Otherwise you won't. It's offensive, yes, but it's touching too, and funny and clever all at once. The bottle the guy in the yellow hoodie is holding is Buckfast wine - produced by monks and originally sold in chemists but now drunk by young teenagers on the streets. The reason I put it on the blog even though I suppose it's kinda blasphemous is that for me it says that Jesus came for this type of person too, and for all the many and varied types of people I come across in prison. The gospel's not for the posh only!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only just found your blog - I really like that picture, But then, I lived in Glasgow and get it!!