Thursday, 6 March 2014

To Tartanise or Not to Tartanise - That is One of the Questions.


Last week, as I mentioned here, I decided that I'm going to wear a clerical shirt ("dog collar") one out of five days at work for a trial period, rather than not at all, to see what difference if any it makes - positive or negative.  

So I was interested to discover that it's possible to get a tartan clerical shirt (this is the men's version but they do them for girl ministers too apparently).  They're possibly on the cheesy side yet I find I'm quite tempted.  But maybe it would be taken as a political statement in this year of the big old Independence Referendum and I suppose chaplains shouldn't make their political allegiances clear since we're to be all things to all men.  I'm still undecided about which way to vote anyway, incidentally.  And now I'm undecided about tartan clerical shirts too.  Things are getting more complicated rather than clearer!

2 comments:

spotthegerbil said...

It could be an awful lot worse. Pausingplace has found a clerical fashion crime. see http://pausingplace.com/2014/03/06/clerical-fashion-crimes/

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.